The MPI International Image Challenge is an educational and inspirational
competition and is open to all professional, novice and hobbyists. MPI believes
that pushing yourself through competition helps us excel in the art of
photography along with staying inspired.
All entrants automatically become members of the Master Photographers
International Organization. There is no fee for membership to the MPI
1. Entrants must be in good
standing within the organization,
2. All original images must be
captured and exposed by the entrant,
3. Entries will NOT be eligible
if they have been produced under the supervision of an instructor or class
4. No two entries of the same
images are to be entered in the same or different class,
5. No images of the same setting
or person are to be entered in the same year.
6. Image entered previously in the IIC, CANNOT be re-entered.
7. The entrant’s name must not
be visible anywhere on the image If name or the photographers branding is
included anywhere on the image, image will unfortunately be disqualified.
8. No more than 4 entries per
category may be submitted and one album annually.
MUST ENTER EXACTLY 4 IMAGES WHEN WORKING TOWARDS PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR IN ANY OF THE 6 CATEGORIES:
More then 4 or less then 4 disqualifies you from POY tittle possibility - however allows you more opportunity for TOP Class Awards.
(4) In Commercial Category
(4) In Digital Art Category
(4) In Fine Art Category
(4) In Nature Category
(4) In Portrait Category
(4) In Wedding Category
(4) In the Mentorship Awards in any Category
(1) Blooper (FREE) Must have entered 4 images to be
CLASS REQUIREMENTS FOR POY ELIGIBILITY:
COMMERCIAL CATEGORY - 3 or more classes
DIGITAL ART - 2 or more classes
FINE ART - 2 or more classes
NATURE - 2 or more classes
PORTRAIT - 3 or more classes
WEDDING - 3 or more classes
Please also refer to the judging criteria page
if you are not working towards the title of for POY-Photographer of the Year, you may enter an unlimited number of images into a Category.
9. To be eligible for POY,
please ensure you follow the rules for each specific Category.
10. Entries are to be in digital jpeg
format, RGB color space.
11. Entries placing Bronze
(previously a Prestige Award) or higher in any previous MPI Competitions are
not allowed to be resubmitted.
12. Images that are captured and
produced from an existing photograph, movie banner, video banner cover or
art-work of another photographer or artist and created to look as the existing
photograph or art work; will be disqualified from the competition. This will
13. Entries that may violate
copyright, trademark laws, will be disqualified. If you are entering a photo of
a person, please ensure you have a model release as images WILL be in the
public eye and on social media.
14. Images created by another
photographer and used as your own will not only disqualify the member from the
competition but there will be consequences on membership.
15. Winners of more than (1)
Photographer of the Year in Category, will be eligible to a maximum of 2
Photographer of the Year in Category in the current year entering. Highest
Scoring Categories will be selected.
16. You agree and understand that
all entries into any MPI IIC, may be used for promoting the winners, for
promoting the MPI IIC, for Video announcement and for web display.
17. To earn a Class Award, image
must achieve an 82.5% or higher.
18. It is the entrants responsibility to have the correct information for their shipping address. If address is incorrect, cost incurred will be the responsibility of the entrants.
19. You understand that the MPI International Image Challenge is not responsible for duties in the entrants country. It is the entrants responsibility for any fees charged by your country.
20. You understand that Canvas may be removed from image when creating the Winners Circle Video and the winners certificates.